Toward Green, Inclusive, and Digital Growth
Dear PhD students!
We cordially invite you to join the MIC 2023 pre-conference day. It is designed as a one-day event for PhD students at any stage of their doctoral studies. We aim to provide an inclusive environment for sharing questions, ideas and providing feedback on some key issues that arise in any doctoral study process.
MIC 2023 pre-conference day will provide PhD candidates with the opportunity to
- discuss the research problem,
- discuss methodological challenges,
- give constructive feedback on another participant’s work,
- receive feedback on their own work,
- meet experienced researchers,
- network with colleagues.
The pre-conference day will include presentations of your own research with time for an in-depth discussion with experienced researchers as well as workshops on publishing and research design. The preliminary schedule is available here.
All pre-conference participants are warmly invited to participate in MIC main conference as well.
Registration and Submission
Registration to participate should be submitted by
You can participate in the pre-conference day either as a presenter or listener. If you want to present and discuss your research, you should submit an extended abstract by April 20, 2023, using the online conference system available here.
When preparing the extended abstract take into account the following:
- Extended abstracts must have 700 words minimum and 1,000 words maximum (not including the title of the paper, details about authors, and the reference list).
- The extended abstract should include the study rationale and objectives, methods (list the main methods and data used in the analysis), presentation of main results and findings (if already available), conclusions (added value of the paper, significant limitations, if appropriate), and possible challenges faced by the researcher.
- References in the text must be cited at the end of the abstract (they are excluded from the 700 - 1000 words restriction). Use the Chicago-Style Citation (Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide is available at https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-2.html).
- When preparing the abstract use the conference's template.
The abstracts will go through a double-blind review process and, if accepted, will be published in the MIC 2023 Book of Abstracts.
PhD students with accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers to the MIC 2023 Conference Proceedings, published after the conference, or to the supporting journals.
The registration fee for PhD students who attend only the pre-conference day on June 7, 2023, is 120 EUR. The fee should be paid by May 10, 2023.
Participation in the pre-conference is free of charge for those who registered for the main conference.
More details about the fee and payment methods are available here.
The conference will take place at the University of Trieste, Department of Economics, Business, Mathematics and Statistics (DEAMS).
Pre-Conference Day Programme (Wednesday, 7 June 2023)
9.00 - 13.00
|9.30 - 9.45||Welcome Address|
|9.45 - 11.15||Parallel Sessions and Discussion|
|11.15 - 11.30||Coffee Break|
|11.30 - 13.00||Workshop on Quantitative Methodology: Case study - Measuring Illicit Financial Flows (Dr Bojan Nastav)|
|13.00 - 14.15||Lunch|
|14.15 - 15.45||Workshop on Qualitative Methodology: Getting Started with Text Analysis (Dr Annamaria Tuan)|
|15.45 - 16.00||Coffee Break|
|16.00 – 18.00||The “1X3” Research Hackathon Project (Dr Guido Bortoluzzi)|
|18.30||Social Event: Aperol Spritz Masterclass|